ADVENTURE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Due to the nature of the new via ferrata, the climb can be a bit of an adventure for less experienced mountaineers as well as mountaineering families with children who like walking and climbing. The minimum recommended height is 1.50 m.
- Route length: 1 km
- Altitude: 550 m
- Difficulty level: medium - Levels A-B with sections at B/C
- Time required for ascent: 3-4 hours
- Time required for descent: 1,5 hours
- If you want you can also reach the top of the Picco Ivigna - ferrata set necessary
From Piffinger Köpfl mountain restaurant, follow path No. 3 until you reach a fork in the road, which branches off to the left onto route No. 18, the "Schartlweg" trail, and then continue to the signposted entrance to the via ferrata.
From the exit, follow the signs to the junction “Kleiner Ifinger” (2.552 m) and “Großer Ifinger” (2.581 m). From there, the descent starts down to the clearly visible Kuhleitenhütte. Right before it a trail slips to the right and leads back down through the grass slope to the wide road (gravel road) which returns to the starting point.
- Because the ascent is southward, it is recommended to set off early and to take sufficient water supplies
- Climbing the via ferrata is undertaken at your own risk
- A full set of equipment (a via ferrata set and helmet) is mandatory
An early start, alpine experience and a good overall physical condition is a prerequisite for the ascent of the climbing route. Along the ascent, there is no water and no escape routes. A withdrawal is possible only by down-climbing. The via ferrata is fully secured with a steel cable and no passages have to be dealt with in unsecured terrain or by free climbing.
RENT THE GEAR
Use for your excursion on the via ferrata all the necessary equipment which conforms to safety standards: climbing harness, climbing gear and helmet. The proper use of the equipment is an essential prerequisite for a safe climb.
YOU DON'T HAVE THE IDEAL EQUIPMENT?
No problem, you can rent it here:
- Stricker-Shop at the mountain station: 25 € for adults, 18 € for children